Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 20, 2008- Heat, Sand and a Fridge!

hello hello family. Well I’m here in Natal and my first week is officially over. It has seemed like one of the longest weeks of the mission. Not the longest but it was long. But things are good here. I’ll try to describe this area. It’s definitely different. So there is a lot of sand, like everywhere. haha and the city is pretty big but during the day and stuff it just seems deserted. It’s funny the shops open in the morning. close in the afternoon, re open for the evening and then close at night. probably cuz it’s so hot here. but I think I am really close to sand dunes because the roads are mostly just sand and stuff. This area is about middle class I thin, there are some people that don’t have a lot and some that have nice things too. I think my first area had more money though. The people here are nice and I can tell that I am definitely understanding the language a lot better. I’m helping teach more and I’m talking more too. I’m so grateful that the language is starting to come around. I still have a lot of work to do though, but it’s all good. Elder Vieira is good, I definitely get along a lot better with him. He has his weird tendencies but I’m sure I do too. He reminds me of a vulture kind of, he is about my height but probably weighs 120, 60 kilos however much that is. I don’t know. haha I remember from chem. the equation but I don’t want to do it right now. but anyway he is cool and we live with two other elders, Elder Lohman from Tennessee and Elder Salines from São Paulo. They are both studs and Lohman has 6 months and Salines has 8, he is our district leader. Vieira has 1 year and a couple months so I’m still the novinho but it’s all good. Our house is tons nicer and a lot bigger! I love it, fridge and stove.,no washing machine or iron or microwave but we get by. haha but the area is good, it is huge so we do a ton of walking, like a lot. haha but the ward here we work with is very small, so I will probably be helping more here but it should be fine. I’m getting to know the members and our bishop is great to work with. It makes me appreciate all you do dad, you bishops are busy guys! I always keep you in my prayers. Well that’s the update on the area. haha any questions? let me know. Well I’m excited for the Rays and the Phillies. I like both of them and it will be good to have a new champ. Thanks for the update. I’m pretty bummed for byu though. I hate that one loss like that drops them so far. What about usc? They have 1 too. ,the bcs is gay, but Texas better not lose too. haha elder Lohman is a Tennessee vols fan bigtime, but they are really struggling this year. so anyway thanks for the sports updates. I always look forward to hearing what’s new. Go PG! haha I’m sorry about MKs loss again, but maybe a year of losses will make them hungry for next season- a season of wins right? Save the wins for senior year. That’s when they count. haha Well I’m going to try to send some photos next week, I’ll try to take some pics of my area too. But I need to find another way to attach them through like paint or something because right now they are too big and take too long. I will figure it out I promise. I got two mission ties last week at our interviews with president. I will only get letters here like at interviews and zone conferences, so maybe like 3 times a transfer which sucks. In my other zone it was once a week, but so ya know I will only get them here every few weeks. sorry. I can still send them. By the way did you guys get those letters I sent? I hope so. I thought dad said something about getting it, so that’s good. I will try to send more and I think I sent another one last week. I will do another mission ties this week, write some more about what’s going on here. It’s amazing that when you can stay busy how much faster things go here. I like when it stays busy. It’s easier to lose track of time. haha this area should baptize more than my last area. I hope. haha but the work is good. I need to try and find some things to send home but this area doesn’t have a lot. I will find some things though. haha ill keep my eyes open. for Christmas I could use a cd player. haha I can’t find one here. and some cds like the rm and best 2 years maybe. I don’t know. haha and there is a connection for the cd to my speakers that I forgot. mk knows what it is. So if you could include that. As for other stuff I don’t know. My clothes are still all good and I have plenty of everyday stuff. Maybe like phase ten? haha we have uno but that would be sweet. I like surprises too! Whatever you guys send will be good. I always love photos too. Maybe some old one like me and my friends. I don’t have any of the boys, like football ones. I think there are a couple in the drawer of my desk that I want. So that would be awesome if you could do that for me. Mom I wish I could try some of your bread haha but I’m sure it will be perfect when I get home. So I’m really excited for that. and I’m glad your knee is getting the bend back. I know that physical therapy hurts like crazy but be brave and know that the pain you deal with now will mean less pain later. but I’m glad you’re making steps. Sounds like the fall is going great. I love the fall. haha I love your grandma and grandpa stories. I bet it’s so fun having Mya running the show now. haha I bet she will have an attitude when I get back. haha we will be friends. I am doing well now and working hard. I miss you all a lot but I know that this work is the work of the lord. I know that this is where I need to be. I love hearing that all is well but if there is ever anything you need to vent to me or just talk about I’m still here. I love being the listener. haha and you’re always in my prayers, each one of you individually. I love you all and hope that this week will be great. I’m trying to have fun everyday, but you guys need to too k? haha I love ya. talk to you soon. love ty

No comments: