Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sept. 15, 2008

Hello, hello everyone. Well things here just keep moving along and I'm sure it will get even faster soon. I'm still struggling with the language, but it's ok it will come eventually. Well I forgot mom's letter with her questions at home but I'll try to answer them all. First of all my companion is ok. He is kind of a punk, but it's ok 'cuz he has to be a missionary first. I don't know if I would like him outside of this, but it's ok. He is patient with me and helps me with the language. He loves looking at himself and taking pictures of himself with my camera. He loves using my stuff too which drives me crazy but what can you do huh? Well he is good and it will get better. The house is small and we don't have alot of things other missionaries have but it could be worse. Like we don't have a fridge or a washing machine. Just a sink. It's like 4 rooms. A small bathroom, the kitchen slash laundry room, the bedroom and the study room. All which is about the size of my room and the playroom back home. I can't complain though it could be alot worse. Sister and President Fernandes are good. They are really strict but it's ok. They are very nice. I don't get to talk with them ever but it's ok. Only at interviews and I got to hear them both speak at our stake conference on sunday which was good. From what I could understand. The ties and the other two packages were awesome mom thanks. I dont want ugly ties anyway. I like the good looking ones. I have plenty for now though. I bought a couple at the CTM. So for the new package I would just say some pictures, maybe that tape if you're done and more candy. haha! American candy is always good. I loved the runts. But I don't know what else for now. We eat at members houses most days for lunch and it's been really good so far. This area has quite a bit of money so we eat good. This past week most of our lunch appointments forgot us though so they just give us money and we eat at a restaraunt. It's all good. We never cook. The only other meal we have is breakfast and we just buy some rolls and like bologna or some kind of meat and have that. So it's all good. I answered some sorry if I forgot some. I'll read it again and answer the rest and more next week. I am sending a letter this week cuz I tried on thursday but they wouldn't take it so I'm trying again today or tomorrow. Sorry about that. I hope it won't take too long to get there. Sounds like PG and BYU are both doing awesome right now. That's exciting and I'm glad MK's ankle isn't bothering him too much. Mom I'm glad you are getting around a little more. It's good to try and move around. I love when I get to sit still for a minute now days. haha We move alot. Today has been a good P-day, we spent the morning watching the Joseph Smith movie, eating açai and we were with Elder Santos and Howard our zone leaders. Elder Howard is a cool guy and an awesome missionary. So now the big news. I had my first baptism. The one thursday fell through but I had one sunday and it was a man which is really good because we want to baptise men out here. The goal is 27 percent men or something like that. So it was really cool and I loved being able to baptise him. It was awesome. So I don't know what else to tell you right now but things are going good. I'm getting better and a little less homesick. I have been struggling a little but it's ok. I'm learning really fast. I'm hoping by the end of this transfer in 3 more weeks I'll be speaking better and hopefully understand most of what people are saying. But I'm just trying to stay positive you know. haha I love hearing from you guys and getting all the updates. I love the football updates too. So what is BYU ranked right now? Sorry random quesiton. But I'm doing good and things are getting better out here. There are days I think about two years and it seems so long. So I'm trying to just think about monday to monday. I figure I get to talk to you a little through the internet and I should be so grateful for that. I finished the tape and I will send it soon. I just need to figure out what else to send home with it. Any suggestions? What do you guys want from Brazil? haha Well, I love you guys so much and I hope you have another awesome week. It's too bad mission ties is wierd now but it's ok real mail will work too. Well, I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you again next week. Lots of love, Tyson

No comments: