Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3, 2008 New Baptisms!

Ok well I tried connecting some photos to this e-mail but it just sat there and won’t do anything. I really need to figure out a different way to do that. haha but hello everyone. I’m so glad that Halloween was good. I won’t lie we didn’t do a thing different down here. It was just like every other day, but that’s ok. I’m glad everyone had fun there! sounds like Halloween was really cool this year. Well as for the Christmas package I’m going to try to send something. It won’t be big though so I hope that’s ok, but don’t worry in two years I will have plenty of things to bring back home for you guys so just be patient. haha well this week was really good for us. We had 2 baptisms Sunday, one was our guy from last week which was really good because he was a homem and he completed a family for us so that was awesome and the other was a girl we taught over the phone. She is awesome and I baptized them both, so now I have 5. We were pretty happy and right now we are on track for our goal for the month which is 8 baptisms- 2 men and one family, so we are looking good. We have 3 new potential baptisms this week too but one of them is pretty mole so we will see what we can do to help her. But we have a date for one of the others. I have really started to get into the work here I think because the weeks are going by so fast. I am really enjoying it when that happens because before I know it its p day again. but I’m hoping that we have our zone conference soon because I really want those packages and letters. haha but the washer has been awesome. It definitely washes my clothes better than I can. haha but things are going good here. just really hot. I’m going to start carrying a water bottle during the day I think that will help and I will definitely start to try and get more protein. I have been eating eggs and stuff to help but I’ll try more yogurt. and I am trying more milk too even though I need to be careful about the milk down here. haha its kind of iffy someplaces. I weighed myself again this week and I am down to 188. I think it’s good though I was a little overweight and I like being the weight I am now. I feel a lot better. haha but by the end of the mish I might be mini me. well the weather has been hot and humid like usual but that’s just normal here. This is called cidade do sol so it’s supposed to be hot all the time. The work is going good and the language is going good too. I don’t know if I will be completely fluent by Christmas but I will be close I think. I am definitely understanding a lot more and in another 2 months I think I will be doing great. there are some days I just want to speak English just to be able to joke around. The humor is definitely different here I think. It’s hard to joke when I don’t know how. haha but I will get it. Well it will definitely be a different Christmas this year without snow. I am already missing snow. but I think only cuz it’s so hot here. It’s ok though I will get used to it and I’m sure I can deal with the heat. Mom I will definitely find a nativity set for you. I will keep my eye out this Christmas and if not this Christmas next. I will probably not send it home but I’ll come back with it. It’s really expensive here to send things. They don’t have a flat rate box. It’s all weight so that sucks. But I’m trying to think of what else is new... just workin hard. I’m really glad things are going good. So how is the knee bending? I hope your feet are feeling good now after those shots. haha I really want to try and find a pull up bar and a jump rope here but there’s not really a store for those things. but we will see. Well I will tell a couple stories just little ones but you might enjoy. First of all was the baptism this week. Sebastiao is his name and he is like 65 or something. He was so excited for baptism and after I baptized him and he came up out of the water he had the biggest smile and he didn’t say anything but he just smiled really big and patted his belly and his chest a couple times. like ~haha no sin!~or something like that. I don’t know it was just really funny. and then another thing is that we have what’s called the fera. Its where a bunch of fruit and veggie vendors and clothes and tons of stuff. They all get together on Thursday and sell during the day. Well if you go right before they close they always sell for cheap because they are trying to get rid of stuff. I went a couple weeks ago and I bought 50 bananas for 1 real. That’s like 50 cents so I got 1 banana for 1 cent. haha it was awesome. I love the fera. Those are my couple cool stories for now. Dad I’m glad that the mutual went well and it sounds like getting the extension on work will be a little close but I’m sure you guys will work it out. haha thanks for the updates. You should have thought about a career in sports journalism! I decided I am going to try to send a tape and some pictures for Christmas. It’s not much but its light and I think it will mean more than some little trinket that I can give you in two years, so I will try to get that going soon. I just want you all to know that I love you so much and that if it wasn’t for you guys I would probably be lost. Thanks for always guiding me in the right direction. love you all and have an awesome week! If there is any questions I didn’t answer I’m sorry, just chew me out next week and I will definitely remember. haha but lots of love till next week! love ty

No comments: